Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Prancing Peacock





I designed these earrings yesterday evening and am absolutely head over heels crazy about them! I ordered these vintage peacock cabochons, not entirely sure what I'd use them for. I had also ordered these vintage inspired dahlia cabochons around the same time, intending to use them for studs, bobby pins or rings. When I saw them laid out on my work table yesterday and was struck by how perfectly they paired together! I couldn't be more in love with the outcome of this design. The peacock cabochons have such a gorgeous detail and paired with the dahlia cabochons, I feel there is something so perfectly 1970s about this design. It feels retro and modern at the same time and something about the majesticness of the peacocks and the richness of the blue feels very royal. I think these would make such a perfect eclectic pairing to a cocktail dress for a night on the town.

I only have two pairs of the earrings made at the moment and both were quickly spoken for via my Facebook fan page where I showed a sneak peak of the design in progress yesterday evening. I'm will be ordering more of the components for these earrings and should have plenty more available soon. I'll post when I have them available in my Etsy shop. In the mean time, if you'd like me to reserve a pair for you when I have them ready, leave me a little comment!

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore these! Love the blue. Wish I had some extra cash to spare, but then I'd be buying your earrings all the time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the back is just as pretty as the front. they turned out beautifully amy!!

    <3
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jen! I always try to use decorative charms on the backs of my designs. I love a little added interest when someone glimpses a pair of earrings from the back or if a pendant flips over while worn. It's a little hidden hint of fancy to really make a piece stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love LOVE these earrings! The dahlia's are beautiful! :) I live in Lexington. How can I go about reserving a pair?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must echo the other comments. These are lovely! I especially like the charms you use on the backs of pendants and earrings. Dare I say it's a "charm"ing design element?
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally gorgeous. you never fail to amaze with your use of fanciful pads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons